We are pleased to welcome you as a visitor to the Inselspital. Please keep to the visiting hours or consult the nursing staff in exceptional situations. We ask for your understanding if your visit has to wait while nursing care or therapies are in progress.
- Visits that are not absolutely necessary are to be dispensed with.
- Patients may receive 1–2 visitors once a day for one hour. (Exception: patients with COVID disease in isolation who are currently not allowed to receive visitors)
- Visits are allowed between 13.30 and 20.00 hrs.
- Hand disinfection and the use of a surgical mask at hospital entrances are mandatory.
- Visitors wear the surgical mask at all times during their visit.
- Visitors are not allowed to wear their own masks (e.g. fabric masks) in the hospital buildings.
- Visitors first register at the respective ward office.
- Visitors with symptoms of a respiratory infection (fever, cough, flu-like symptoms) as well as visitors who are in quarantine or who have knowingly had unprotected contact with COVID-19 sufferers are not authorised for hospital visits.
- If possible, patients keep track of their visitors so that they can be reached by telephone in case of need (e.g. new COVID-19 infection in a patient room).
- Further information for visitors and accompanying persons can be found on the Inselspital website.
Further information for visitors and accompanying persons can be found on the Inselspital website.
Multi-bed room: 13.00-20.00 hrs
Single room: 10.00-21.00 hrs
Visiting hours in the evening should always be observed for safety reasons. The doors are closed from 9.00 pm. The emergency entrance on floor C serves as the night exit.
If you come as a group, the various restaurants and cafés of the Inselspital are often more suitable for your get-together than the patient room.
Visiting hours for the intermediate and intensive care wards (Neuro Intermediate Care or Neuro-IMC, Intensive Care, Central Recovery Room) may be visiting hours may be restricted depending on the patient's condition. Only the close relatives have access to these wards.
Information on the health status of your relative can be obtained from the responsible physician at any time. Please ask at the front office of the intensive care unit who your contact person is.
Phone +41 31 632 53 00
For hygienic reasons, please do not bring flower gifts to the monitoring and intensive care wards.
Intermediate care unit (IMC)
Beds block (BHH), Floor E, Freiburgstrasse 18, 3010 Bern
Intensive care unit
Intensive Care, Emergency and Surgery Centre (INO), Floor E, Freiburgstrasse 16c, 3010 Bern
Central recovery room
Intensive Care, Emergency and Surgery Centre (INO), Floor D, Freiburgstrasse 16c, 3010 Bern